Most patients visit Skin Renewal with a particular skin problem or concern that they would like treated. What many don't know, is that there is a seasonal cycle that we have to bear in mind when treating the skin.
Many of our patients get hot and sweaty in Summer, as a result of spending more time outdoors. We, therefore, recommend treatments that condition, hydrate and prepare the skin for more "aggressive treatments" that can be done in Winter. Doing more aggressive treatments during Summer can, in fact, exacerbate pigmentation and sun damage.
Summer treatment recommendations:
Maintenance & hydrating treatments
- We recommend hydrating facials that include a mild exfoliation (microdermabrasion or superficial chemical peels) every 4-6 weeks. A perfect example is our signature Mesoglow Facial.
Treatments that condition, strengthen & protect the skin
- We recommend PDT with active serums, Transdermal Mesotherapy with active serums and Laser Genesis to strengthen the dermis.
Superficial skin needling to strengthen the dermis
- Superficial needling increases product penetration and skin cell turnover in preparation for deeper treatments later on in the year.
WINTER & AUTUMN
During Autumn and Winter, it is much cooler, meaning we are less concerned about tanning and sun exposure; making it an ideal time for more aggressive treatments.
Winter & Autumn treatment recommendations:
- Deep Skin Needling Treatments
- Injection Mesotherapy
- Limelight or Photogenesis for pigmentation & sun damage
Spring is a season which comes with a few unique challenges. The weather is warmer, although not as hot as Summer. It is a time where we become a little more conservative and look for the “middle ground” in treatment recommendations. We also tend to find that many patients' skins become more light-sensitive, reactive or sensitive due to anti-histamines, sinus medications and respiratory meds, especially those who suffer from sinus and hay fever.
Spring treatment recommendations:
- Mild to medium depth peels
- On-going maintenance facials
- Milder Limelight and Photogenesis sessions
- Superficial to medium depth needling treatments
There are a number of treatments that you can have ALL YEAR ROUND. In fact, it's essential to continue these treatments year-round to maintain your skin, prevent recurrence of pigmentation and damage, and keep your skin functioning optimally.
Ongoing treatment recommendations:
- Superficial Peels such as Neostrata Glycolic Peels, Lamelle Salicylic Peels, Dermaquest Mango, Pumpkin and Peptide Peels and Simildiet Peels.
- Superficial Skin Needling
- Laser Genesis
- Transdermal Mesotherapy
- Regular maintenance facials such as Mesoglow Facials, Extraction Peel Facials, Deep Cleanse Facials and Anti-Ageing Facials
Why not come in for a consultation with one of our Skin Renewal Doctors and plan ahead for beautiful skin all year round?