If you read our last newsletter, you'll have read all about just why Retinol has earned its anti-ageing, skin-smoothing reputation. As a multi-tasking ingredient with big benefits, we've taken a scroll through our virtual Online Skin Shop aisles to bring you some of our top retinol-rich product picks.
Serious About Serums?
The Lamelle Correctives 3.0 RA Serum is a safe and effective form of high-concentration Retinoic Acid for age prevention in skins that tolerate the active ingredients well. This serum is unique because it contains 3% Vitamin A and Avocado Oil to help nourish your skin, leaving it soft and healthy.
If you're no stranger to this serum, you can consider opting for its 'big sister' – Lamelle Correctives 5.0 RA Serum, which contains nearly double the dose of Vitamin A. Great for skins familiar with Correctives 3.0 RA Serum and Correctives RA Cream, having enjoyed the benefits for at least one full treatment cycle, this serum is a favourite among retinol regulars looking for a more dramatic skin-boosting effect.
If you're a lover of the Neostrata range, we recommend the NeoStrata Comprehensive Retinol 0.3% Night Serum. A powerful, regenerative night-time treatment, this serum's superpower targets fine lines and course wrinkles while working on the early signs of ageing and restoring radiance.
Sweet Dreams are Made of 0.5% Pure Retinol
SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5 is a night-time active with a high concentration of 0.5% pure Retinol. Suitable for blemishes from problematic skin types, fine lines, pigmentation, and acne, its stabilising ingredients ensure a safe and deep delivery. And, because it contains calming Bisabolol, it's suitable for most skin types. However, word to the wise, if you suffer from eczema or psoriasis, or your skin is rosacea-prone, give this one a skip.
Got a Problem with Pigmentation?
Say "hello!" to the NeoStrata Enlighten Pigment Controller! An intensive fluid for those with specific pigmentation marks on their skin looking to increase cell turnover and diminish the appearance of skin discolouration courtesy of a 'magic' multi-action formula that combines NeoGlucosamine®, Retinol and stable Vitamin C to directly target the causes of uneven pigment.
The Cream of the Retinol Crop
From day and night creams to SPFs, incorporating Retinol into your skincare regime is as simple as figuring out which skincare step (or steps) you want to add it to. Both our Neostrata and Lamelle ranges offer several moisturisers that multi-task while hydrating, whether you're looking for forgiveness from your 'sun sins', want to turn back the clock on fine lines and wrinkles or are looking to target pigmentation.
- Neostrata Skin Active Matrix Support SPF 30 is an active, anti-ageing moisturiser that repairs your skin's matrix support structure while reducing the appearance of uneven pigment and simultaneously firming and protecting your skin.
- NeoStrata Renewal Cream 12 PHA is an effective anti-ageing night moisturiser for non-sensitive skins. It effectively treats sun damage, photo-ageing, fine lines and wrinkles without the irritation commonly associated with the use of Retinoids.
- NeoRetin GelCream SPF 50 is an innovative daytime gel-cream with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen that supports epidermal exfoliation and renewal by combining potent anti-ageing and anti-pigmentation technologies.
- Lamelle Luminesce Evening Glow is an active night cream containing Retinoids that reduce the appearance of pigmentation. This formulation influences multiple pathways of pigment formation and intervenes, targeting melasma formation at the DNA level.
- Lamelle Correctives RA Cream remodels and restores photodamage. Ideal for intrinsically ageing skins, this cream "cleans out" the damage and gets skin back in shape.
- Lamelle Clarity Corrective PM Plus is a powerful night treatment moisturiser that includes Vitamin A without the usual irritation, making it suitable for problematic and acne-prone skin types.
And That's Just the Tip of the Retinol Iceberg
There are several other results-getting, evidence-based Retinol products which we've not mentioned here, purely because we'd have you scrolling all day if we had to really get into it. But if you pop 'retinol' into the search field of our Online Skin Shop, you'll find in-depth product explanations of all the glow-getters we've mentioned and the ones that we haven't.
And, as always, we're here to help figure out the perfect product for you. So, get in touch if you're battling to choose or just don't know where to start.