Now that the FDA has cleared Cryolipolysis as a solution for the treatment of fatty pockets such as bat wings, many patients will be interested in learning about it and trying the treatment for themselves.
What Is Fat Freezing Technology (Cryolipo / Cryolipolysis/ Coolsculpting)?
The goal of Cryolipo is to remodel the shape of your body and improve bulges of resistant fat. In short, fat cells are frozen into crystals which cause a large percentage of them to be destroyed. These destroyed fat cells are then slowly metabolised by natural pathways in the body over a 6 to 12 week period.
This means there is no cutting or oozing or any of the other after-effects associated with liposuction, or a similar surgical procedure, and no need for anaesthesia. Cocoon, the particular technology used for Cryolipo at BodyRenewal is both CE and FDA approved.
What Are The Most Commonly Treated Areas?
- Abdomen *View a demonstration of Fat Freezing in abdomen area here!
- Inner and outer thighs
- Bat wings
- Bra Bulges
- Love handles
What Makes This Treatment So Convenient?
- No anaesthetic required
- No cutting, injecting, bleeding or oozing
- No need to wear bandages or change any dressings during recovery
- No need to book time off work to recover, you can return to work the same day if required
- No need to take any medications or antibiotics during recovery
What Post-Treatment Symptoms Can You Expect?
- Swelling, redness and tenderness
- There is a risk of bruising, although many patients experience none
- Temporary loss of sensation in the treated area
Where Can I Have A Consult To Find Out More?