I have a friend who will never allow anybody to take a photograph of her if her hair does not disguise her neck area!
Although we tease her mercilessly about this, she is adamant that this profile is not allowed. Unfortunately, it is true that the neck area often reveals more about one’s age than the face.
How do Silhouette Sutures™ work?
- While the Silhouette Lift™ is used for the facial area, the Silhouette™ Neck sutures improve sagging skin and help to restore an optimum tension of the skin of the neck.
- This polylactic acid suture (thread) has regularly spaced hyaluronic acid cones along its length.
- As these threads are inserted, the cones slide in under the skin, which allows the doctor to pull the skin up onto these cones, re-draping and lifting the skin.
- Over time, these threads will dissolve, while stimulating the body to produce more collagen and elastin around the thread.
- The result is the formation of firm tracts under the skin that helps the skin to ‘hold itself up’, restoring the skin’s firm and smooth appearance.
How effective are these sutures in the neck area?
- The first thing to remember is that it is not an invasive surgical neck lift; hence it won’t have the same results.
- The threads merely assist in repositioning the skin, but the procedure does not remove excess tissue.
- The skin- tightening is the result of the new collagen and elastin that has been triggered by the thread insertion and it will take 60-90 days to see the final result.
- The result will also depend on the skin’s condition and healing ability, and does not replace surgery. Silhouette Sutures can, however, be used to further improve the results of neck and face lift surgery.
- It can also be used preventatively in younger patients to delay or prevent the need for surgery.
- Silhouette Sutures can be repeated over time if necessary, whereas repeated surgery is not recommended.
Patient aged 56 – Before and one month after Silhouette Soft® treatment (Reference: https://www.silhouette-soft.com/)
How do I achieve optimum results after the procedure?
After care is extremely important to ensure that skin remains healthy, is constantly being renewed and protected with the correct products.
- This will further enhance the overall result and help to reduce skin laxity.
- Neostrata® has an amazing Triple Firming™ neck cream which contains dermal matrix building ingredients to increase hyaluronic acid and collagen production.
- This will yield significant lifting and firming results to boost and aid the Silhouette Sutures that have been inserted.
A winning combination!
At Skin Renewal, rejuvenation is always approached from different angles to achieve the best results possible:
- Preparing the neck can start with radiofrequency or laser treatment Carboxytherapy or chemical peels may be another option and will depend on your skin’s needs.
- This can be followed by a Silhouette Thread™ Neck lift and the home care will include the use of Neostrata’s® Triple Firming neck cream to complete the procedure.