Wow! This is the best rejuvenating procedure I have ever heard of considering surgery still sounds far too scary for me. This walk-in/ walk-out procedure will leave you looking years younger and on top of that, Silhouette Lift will be in line with your budget, almost a pay-as-you-go rejuvenation!
What is the Silhouette Lift?
The Silhouette Lift consists of absorbable threads, a new type of suspension suture, specifically developed to lift and tighten sagging skin on the jawline, brow, mid- to lower face and neck.
- These threads actually have bio-resorbable hyaluronic acid cones that are situated on the threads allowing tissue growth inside and around the cones, creating a stronger anchoring mechanism.
- It has been successfully performed around the world and is now available at Skin Renewal Clinics.
How does it work?
Made of a poly-lactic acid thread and hyaluronic acid cones, the Silhouette Soft absorbable threads are introduced through a high quality needle into the skin and placed according to carefully measured vectors.
- The threads act as a ‘scaffold’ under the skin while stimulating the body to produce more collagen in the area, resulting in firmer and smoother skin.
- The hyaluronic acid cones hold the tissue in place for an immediate effect.
- The cones and the threads stimulate collagen production in the soft tissue which results in a further lifting action.
What does the procedure involve?
The Silhouette Lift is done at your Skin Renewal Clinic:
- The first step would be to consult one of the specially trained doctors to discuss the number of threads needed, the costs involved and to get answers to all your queries.
- Total treatment time is about an hour, depending on the number of threads inserted during the procedure.
- The procedure requires only a few small injections of local anaesthetic, making it virtually pain-free.
- Once placed, your skin will be gently moulded around the strong absorbable cones present on the threads, resulting in an immediate natural lift.
- In addition to the lift, there is ongoing improvement in skin quality as Silhouette Soft kick-starts your skins own natural ability to restore collagen giving you firmer stronger skin.
How many threads will be needed?
Between one and four threads can be inserted on each side and pulled back to achieve the lifting effect where needed.
The number of threads will be determined by your needs and/or your budgetary constraints. Remember, you can always come back for more at a later stage.
How can I ensure the best results?
It is advisable to prepare the skin before the Silhouette Lift procedure for optimal results:
- Peels, laser and radiofrequency treatments are recommended before having the threads, as the skin- tightening effect these treatments produce will ensure that the skin is strengthened and stimulated to produce more collagen.
- If you then find that you need some more lift, your skin will be ready for the Silhouette Lift treatment.
How long is the downtime?
There is no real downtime:
- You can go back to normal living within a day or so, but the skin will take a bit longer to fully recover.
- There may be tenderness and some pain afterwards, but this will improve within a few days.
For more information visit our Silhouette Lift Threading webpage!