Loose and Sagging Skin
I wish my skin would remain as tight and plump as my jeans around my rear end!
At least you can change the size of your jeans to fit whatever your body demands, but my skin seems to be stretching instead of shrinking and it’s easier to alter your clothes than your face!
As one ages, it is only natural to start considering all sorts of possibilities and treatments for a skin that doesn’t fit quite as well as before. Most of us are not ready to consider surgery yet, and why should we? After all we have all those wonderful treatments at Skin, Body & Health Renewal to look forward to, supported by knowledgeable people that are sympathetic to our cause.
There are basically two reasons for a sagging skin and volume loss; the first one being the ravages of time as we age and secondly the degenerative effects of sun exposure and environmental toxins that we are exposed to daily. The result is that skin produces less collagen and elastin which causes facial volume loss and sagging.
The only way you can ‘shrink’ your skin is to help the collagen contract while at the same time stimulating longer term collagen production. A more immediate result can also be achieved by considering the LiquidFacelift which replaces facial volume by using dermal fillers to ‘lift’ the cheeks and fill out those hollows. Restoring volume and that apple cheeked appearance is bound to restore your self-confidence.
It is recommended that any person over the age of thirty should start treatment because regular collagen stimulation will keep skin tighter and younger looking for longer.
4D Threadlift Package
The 4D Threadlift package at Skin, Body & Health Renewal includes Radiofrequency procedures, Botulinum Toxin injections, dermal fillers, Mesotherapy and Miracu PDO threads. Each treatment has its own benefits and the cumulative effect of the various combinations will result in a gorgeous younger looking you!
- The Exilis monopolar radiofrequency treatment shrinks loose tissue immediately and stimulates long term collagen production that lifts and tightens skin over time, great for the brow, jowls and neck area (but can also be used on the body).
- The Titania system uses multipolar radiofrequency therapy (various depths and tissue can be targeted) which stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- Botulinum Toxin is a girl’s best friend, because it weakens the depressor muscles which causes the terrible frown between the brows, as well as those lines on the forehead and wrinkles around the eyes that make us look sad and angry, and it strengthens the elevator muscles, thus giving a more refreshed more pleasant look.
- Dermal Fillers are great for replacing lost volume along the cheekbones, temples, deep nasolabial folds and marionette lines. There is immediate gratification as the rejuvenating effect is visible and you literally walk out looking years younger!
- I have saved the best till last! Miracu PDO Threading is at the forefront of rejuvenation therapy and a wonderful technique that has everybody wanting to see and experience the result. These dissolving threads are embedded below the skin’s surface to literally serve as a support structure to the skin and the material from which these threads are made, polydioxanone (PDO), is a safe substance that offers instant visible results. Optimal results becoming evident after about 3-4 months, with the lifting and smoothing effect of the procedure lasting 2 to 3 years, with top-up treatments recommended annually. It sounds painful, but it is not. When these super thin dissolving threads are placed strategically under the dermis, skin appears lifted and the sagging on the lower part of the face is no longer visible. At the same time new collagen production is stimulated to produce younger looking skin over the next few months.
In addition to ageing, our hormones (particularly estrogen) have a major influence on the skin’s appearance; estrogen protects the skin, helps it heal and maintain moisture. As we age the estrogen level gradually drops and this has an ageing effect on our skin because it can no longer heal and maintain moisture as well as when estrogen levels are higher.
If you want to determine whether this could be a problem for you, the doctors at Skin, Body & Health Renewal can assist here by looking at Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BIHRT) or more natural alternatives if necessary. In addition, they may recommend nutraceuticals that will assist your skin in retaining its plumpness and to help prevent premature ageing such as Herbalance Cream, BioDIM, Skin Hair & Nails, Curcumin, Omega 3 and MSM/Vitamin C.
Finally, the less stress you subject your skin to, the more you stay out of the sun and the healthier your lifestyle, the better your chances of looking younger for longer. Easier said than done, which is why science is there to improve our appearance.