Somehow, booking the family’s summer holiday dropped off my to-do list and only through sheer determination did I avoid total rejection from my loved ones. I have now managed to book a spectacular summer vacation and next on my ‘new-to-do’ list is skin rejuvenation to ensure that my skin looks great. After all, that’s what a holiday is all about; leaving the make-up bag at home so that I can relax during my holiday.
I have chosen the Fraxel™ DUAL as it effectively treats sun damage, wrinkles and pigmentation with dramatic results and hardly any downtime. Fraxel™ DUAL is gentle and FDA approved to resurface your skin from the inside out.
What do the two laser components of the Fraxel™ DUAL treat?
The two lasers can be used together or separately, depending on your needs.
The pigment busting 1927nm Thulium laser treat:
- Sun spots, freckles and PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation)
- Melasma–patches of darker skin that just ‘appear’ and spoil your skin’s smooth appearance.
- Fine lines, pores and texture
- Pre-cancerous skin lesions and Actinic Keratosis
- All skin colors and types
- Other areas, including neck, chest, hands, and arms
The upgraded resurfacing 1550nm erbium component treat:
- Deeper wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Pores, texture, and tone.
- Thickens thin, crepey skin (stimulates collagen)
What makes the Fraxel™ DUAL Laser the "game changer" in aesthetics?
- Delivers results in 2 to 3 treatments with minimal social downtime.
- Improved treatment comfort due to integrated cooling in the hand piece.
- Added benefit of treating any kind of pigmentation (thanks to the addition of the Thulium laser).
- Resurfaces the skin by stimulating the growth of new and healthy skin cells to improve the overall appearance of the skin.
- Treats other areas: including neck, décolleté, hands, arms etc. In fact any problem area of the body can be treated.
How many treatments would I need?
- Depending on the severity of your problem, three to five sessions, at intervals of about two to four weeks. Your Skin Renewal doctor will advise you on the optimal number of treatments for your complexion.
- The results are accumulative and the end result is usually visible within two to three months.
What can I expect during and after treatment?
- Topical numbing cream will be applied before the treatment starts, to minimize discomfort during treatment.
- Immediately after treatment, swelling and redness are likely, but the swelling will subside within a day or two and the redness fades within a few days.
- Your skin may feel sunburnt and appear pinkish the first day after treatment.
- You will be able to wear breathable make-up, should you wish to do so.
- Similar to having been sunburnt, you may experience some itching, dry skin and peeling or flaking.
- The side effects tend to depend on how aggressive your treatment was and how fast your body heals.
What can you expect after a series of treatments?
Once the skin has renewed itself you can expect a smoother, fresher and younger- looking skin with:
- Improved skin tone and texture.
- Improvement of brown pigmentation and ugly sunspots.
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes are noticeably reduced.
- Improved appearance of acne and surgical scars as they are smoother and less visible.
- Reduction of precancerous lesions.
For more detailed information on this treatment visit our Fraxel™ DUAL webpage!