Vitamin and mineral deﬁciencies can arise due to multiple factors such as poor or restrictive diets (e.g. vegans or vegetarians), medication or chronic diseases and poor absorption due to stress, leaky gut syndrome, gastritis or bacterial and fungal overgrowth.
Intravenous therapy allows nutrients to be delivered directly to the cells, bypassing the digestive system and allowing for maximum absorption, higher levels of nutrients and minerals, and thus a more effective and faster treatment response.
Uses of IV Therapy Include:
- Boosting your energy
- Speeding up recovery after illness
- Boosting your immune system
- As part of detoxiﬁcation programme
- Hair, nail and skin health
- Gut restoration and digestive problems
- Nutritional support
- Antioxidant treatments
- Enhancing sports performance
- Supporting stress-management
- Assisting with weight loss
IV Cocktail Supplement Beneﬁts:
- Zinc has anti-inﬂammatory effects, can help reduce acne and it plays a role in immune function and wound healing.
- Vitamin C plays a significant role in the regulation of protein and collagen synthesis, and it has been shown to improve skin appearance and decrease wrinkling. It promotes wound healing, boosts the immune system and supports the absorption of iron in our body, thus increasing energy levels. There have also been studies that show the beneﬁts of intravenous Vitamin C in cancer patients (Linus Pauling research).
- Vitamin B's play a role in ﬁghting hair loss, improving our metabolism, boosting the production of energy, maintaining normal skin function and improving liver function.
- Glutathione is a potent antioxidant that assists in detoxiﬁcation. It increases energy, improves skin conditions, has a positive anti-aging effect and reduces muscle and joint discomfort. It has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal, immune and nervous system.
- ALA (alpha-lipoic acid) is an antioxidant, enhances insulin sensitivity, helps to reduce inﬂammation and helps improve sensory symptoms in people with diabetes.
- Selenium boosts immunity, regulates thyroid function, can contribute to increasing fertility and plays a role in maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- Magnesium enhances the functioning of the nervous and muscular systems and can beneﬁt those who suffer from headaches, muscle spasms, asthma and ﬁbromyalgia.
- Manganese plays a role in carbohydrate and fat metabolism, calcium absorption and sugar regulation. It is also important for brain and nerve functions and can beneﬁt people suffering from diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, epilepsy and PMS.
After an initial consultation with one of our Health Renewal doctors, you will be sent for baseline blood tests to assess imbalances and ensure you have no contraindications to intravenous therapy. Health Renewal offers a variety of customisable IV infusions, and we ensure each cocktail is speciﬁc to your needs, taking into consideration any pre-existing medical conditions. Cocktails are administered 1-2 times a week for an average period of 10-20 sessions, although this varies depending on the cocktail and the condition being treated. Our cocktails are delivered under strictly sterile conditions, in a comfortable and calming environment, by registered nurses and doctors.
*View a video of IV Infusion Therapy here.
A Holistic Approach
Intravenous therapy is one of our treatment options for the skin, body and chronic medical conditions. Oral supplementation is speciﬁc to your condition and could include probiotics, collagen supplements, natural anti-microbials/anti-fungals, natural anti-inﬂammatories and Omega to help support adrenals, thyroid and gut restoration. For skin conditions or hair loss, in-house treatments and topical products can be added to boost the desired effects.
Don’t wait for symptoms and deﬁciencies to affect your appearance or daily functioning adversely. To find out more about IV therapy, make an appointment with one of our Health Renewal doctors.