We can’t wait to share the last few weeks of the year with you all. While the atmosphere is pervasive and very much, ‘let’s get this holiday started’, the Cape Quarter team are ready and waiting for your visit. What can we do to help you get through this busy time? Tell us what you need to make it to the festive season: time away from your crazy stress and to-do list? Help with a skin struggle you’ve always wanted sorted? Or maybe just some great product advice. We’re here for all that and more!
From Left to Right: Riekardt, Claire, Kayla, Storm & Juliana
We love to share skin care advice and leading tips but also to share insight into who we are and what makes our hearts sing. Storm Woolley, our fabulous manager, was put on the spot and answered a few questions about the person behind the desk with the locks we all lust after..
10 Questions with Storm
- How are you feeling today? “I’m good but like many of us, a little stressed. For that, I use the supplement Lipo Powder – the whole team does – for an energy boost throughout the day and also for weight management. It’s packed with antioxidants so I know I’m supporting my body nutritionally.”
- And how’s your skin feeling? “It’s great! I’ve hit the sweet spot with a combo of products to treat my pigmentation and protect my skin from the sun. My perfect team is Heliocare Pigment Solution Fluid SPF 50 (that’s my sunscreen) with NeoRetin Gel Serum as a pigment control night time moisturiser.”
- How do you start your day? “With a coffee from The Fresh at The Cape Quarter. They do a delicious breakfast too.”
- What song would you never admit singing to in the shower? “Man in Motion from the 80’s movie St. Elmo’s Fire. Best decade for music.”
- What are you looking forward to this holiday season? “Seeing our foreign clients again. We haven’t seen our “swallows” in a while and we miss them! Also, the opportunity to enjoy the late afternoon and evening sun once my day at the clinic is done. It’s such a vibe in Cape Town.”
- And which treatment is going to get you there? “The Jet Fuel Cocktail IV with Wilna Kruger our registered nurse. She joins us on a Tuesday and Thursday and works with patients needing these types of treatments for boosted results – in my case powerful shots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.”
- What does your body need more of right now? “Activity! I used to ride off-road motorbikes and I want to get back into that. It’d actually be a great New Year’s resolution.”
- And your heart? “More love. More sausage dogs.”
- Best thing about the Cape Quarter community? “It’s diversity. The community makes every day different and special, keeping things interesting and fun.”
- What has this pandemic taught you? “To love and appreciate everyone around me, and know who’s there for me. It’s also definitely brought us closer as a team.”
The potent products behind Storms daily routine
As we welcome two new team members to our branch, we want to share in our excitement with you. Riekardt van der Wath and Claire Mullany are rearing to go and they bring with them that energetic spirit, sense of fun and family community we’re known for. They’re also wonderfully unique!
Medical therapist Riekardt is the first male therapist, not only at Team Cape Quarter but at Skin Renewal. This means a man treating men’s skin with lived insight of a guy’s face. Of course, Riekardt is available to treat anyone’s skin, and he just loves doing so!
Assistant Manager Claire has joined us from the Stellenbosch branch after four years in the winelands. She’s traded vineyard walks for Promenade workouts and couldn’t be happier. A former somatology lecturer, Claire is a real expert in her field, with the knowledge of a skin super-hero.
Riekardt and Claire look forward to welcoming you
We had three team members with birthdays in October. The month for celebrations at Cape Quarter, it was Happy Birthday to Dr Ross, Dr Tarryn and Dr Shahra. They share their birthday month with some very famous and historical names – Desmond Tutu, John Lennon and Pablo Picasso to name a few. We think they’re in very creative and inspiring company.
We never need an excuse to celebrate these fine humans but loved spoiling them nonetheless
We just love helping skins, improving health and achieving anti-ageing goals. But all work and no play makes us a very boring branch. To conquer that, we’re a passionate community of outdoor enthusiasts. Call it a Cape Town thing, but the bug has bitten and we’re very much into what you can have fun doing – and how to keep active – in the Mother City. Claire is an avid horse rider, and therapist Kayla Austin is now the proud owner of her very own horse. With a goal to participate in show jumping, we’ll be watching events and cheering Kayla on. Juliana La Cock is taking self-defence classes and we’re so proud. We’re very supportive of Storm’s goal to get back into off-road motorbike riding. Watch this space..
We are very excited to welcome our sister branches in Ballito, Kwa Zulu Natal and Waterfall in Gauteng. The new Waterfall branch boasts a spa which operates seven days a week ensuring that you never miss that Skin Renewal touch. If it’s a pampering session you’re after, look no further. Also, think of our new branches as seamless integration centres – especially if visiting KZN! Holidaying in the province? You can now enjoy treatments in Durban, Umhlanga and also our fabulous new Ballito branch, ensuring that your skin care journey happens exactly where you are!
We know that summer bodies are built in Winter but we could all use a little help, especially those of us who’s fridge has been located ten steps from our ‘office’ during lockdown. Allow us to introduce you to Skin Renewal’s own cutting-edge weight and fat loss solution program: RID
RID incorporates the latest in medical advances and experience from over 12 years in the ‘weight and fat loss’ field. Containing ingredients that help to mobilise abnormal fat which accumulates over time, RID – in conjunction with a low GL eating program and HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) injections – can achieve significant weight loss and shift stubborn fat. You know, the kind that no number of HIIT workouts or grilled chicken and steamed broccoli dinners can make a dent in.
Did you know that Heliocare is more than your beloved tinted sunblock? It is in fact a wide range of oral and topical photo protectors with powerful antioxidant, Fernblock®, as the basis of all Heliocare products. This exclusive technology comes from the research of the Cantabria Labs group and Harvard’s Dr Fitzpatrick. Their common purpose was to create a product to aid in your skin’s protection against sun damage and free-radicals. Simply put, Heliocare protects your skin from sun damage from the inside out and the outside in.
We pride ourselves on keeping abreast of the leading trends in both technology and treatments available, which is why we are so excited to bring you Profhilo® – the latest injectable treatment available, making big waves in the anti-ageing industry for good reason.
An alternative to Dermal Fillers, Profhilo® uses a slow release of Hyaluronic Acid – one of the highest concentrations of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) available on the market – to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. The result is an injectable that remodels skin laxity, combats crepe-like texture and enhances the strength and overall condition of the skin while delivering proven anti-ageing benefits and wrinkle-reducing results. Profhilo® is specially formulated for those of us looking to plump up our skin, restore elasticity, improve skin tone, texture, hydration, and the appearance of fine lines. And, let’s be honest, who doesn’t want that?
SkinBucks, our complimentary loyalty programme, rewards you – our valued Skin Renewal customer – for your continued loyalty. As a loyalty programme member, you earn SkinBucks every time you transact in a branch or on our online skin shop, which can be redeemed in-branch for services, products, or gift vouchers.
The SkinBucks programme comprises of three tiers:
• Jade (receive 1% of total spend back in SkinBucks)
• Pearl (receive 5% of total spend back in SkinBucks)
• Diamond (receive 10% of total spend back in SkinBucks)
For more info about the programme or on your Loyalty Status, speak to any of our team members when you next visit our branch.
We look forward to seeing you at our branch soon and, until then, connect with us on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated on all our product, branch and ambassador news. And, in case you didn’t know, we have a dedicated WhatsApp number – 087 153 1020 – to help assist you with information, appointments and more.
Wishing you the best of health and happiness as the year winds down.
With our love,
The Cape Quarter Branch x
WhatsApp Skin Renewal Cape Quarter by scanning the QR code to open WhatsApp Web.