What Is Inflammation?
Acute inflammation is an essential part of our immune response which helps to heal injuries, repair damaged tissues, and fight infections. It is a short-term response which resolves quickly and subsides within days.
Chronic inflammation, however, is the cause and driving force behind many serious conditions such as heart disease, type II diabetes, depression, autoimmune conditions, cancer, neurodegenerative conditions (dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s), premature ageing and more.
What Are The Causes Of Chronic Inflammation?
- Fluctuating cortisol levels. The stress hormone cortisol plays a crucial role in regulating inflammation. Long-term/chronic stress can deplete cortisol levels and leave inflammation unchecked.
- Excess weight such as belly fat and fat around the organs (visceral fat) secrete pro-inflammatory substances which drive chronic inflammation.
- Sleep breathing disorders and insufficient sleep.
- Leaky gut syndrome and imbalances in gut bacteria.
- A poor diet high in sugar, trans-fats, refined carbohydrates, processed meat and processed food.
- Nutritional deficiencies.
- Lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle.
- Poor detoxification and increased toxicity.
- Smoking and regular alcohol use.
- Poor oral hygiene and health.
How Can You Manage Chronic Inflammation?
- Stress management is vital, and cortisol levels can be managed with adaptogens like Cortico Plus and key nutrients such as Vitamin C and B-complex Vitamins.
- A diet without inflammatory foods, but rather including foods that fight inflammation such as cold-water fish, cruciferous vegetables, avocados, onions, olive oil and antioxidant-rich foods.
- Healing inflammatory damage in the gut through gut restoration and ensuring maintenance of a healthy gut bacteria.
- Correcting poor sleeping patterns, and identifying and treating sleep breathing disorders.
- Weight reduction and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Regular exercise.
- Smoking cessation and reduction of alcohol intake.
- Supporting detoxification processes in the liver.
- Identifying and treating low grade, chronic infections such as gingivitis and sinusitis.
The Health Renewal Solution To Chronic Inflammation
The Health Renewal solution is a multidimensional approach incorporating all the above measures. In addition, specialised treatments such as biopuncture and IV infusions are utilised in the management of chronic inflammation. Oral supplementation and detoxification support also play a crucial role.
- Biopuncture is an injection therapy where specific points are injected with specialised homoeopathic solutions such as Traumeel. It’s very effective in regulating inflammatory processes and supports natural healing and repair. Biopuncture can treat acute inflammation and speed up the healing of acute injuries as well as manage chronic inflammatory conditions such as fibromyalgia, migraines, arthritis, sciatica, chronic pain and more.
- Intravenous infusions containing Glutathione and Vitamin C have a powerful effect on reducing oxidative stress and inflammation. Glutathione infusions also support detoxification of the liver. Regular IV infusions can significantly improve the symptoms of inflammatory conditions and help to manage chronic inflammation.
- Detoxification support with herbs like Milk Thistle (Liver S) and medical foods such as Ultra Clear, lower toxic burden and can assist in the management of chronic inflammation.
Recommended Oral Supplements For Chronic Inflammation
- Optimised Curcumin supplements such as Meriva, a potent natural anti-inflammatory, have numerous health benefits including supporting the immune system, heart health, brain health, gut health and more.
- MSM is a potent anti-inflammatory supplement with additional benefits such as supporting detoxification, improving skin health, assisting with collagen production, strengthening hair and nails, increasing energy levels and more.
- SPM’s (Specialised Pro-resolving Mediators) is a fractionated marine lipid produced from omega 3 fish oil. It is a very potent natural anti-inflammatory which supports the resolution of inflammation to a much larger extent than regular omega 3's.
- Vitamin D3 helps to regulate the immune system and is essential in managing inflammation.
- Krill Oil which has significant anti-inflammatory properties.
- Glisodin contains the powerful antioxidant Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD) which enhances detoxification processes and lowers inflammation.
- Herbs such as Cat's Claw, Devil's Claw, Boswellia, to name a few, may be useful in fighting chronic inflammation.
Proper management of chronic inflammation is essential in the prevention and treatment of many serious chronic conditions that are prevalent today. Lifestyle factors, oral supplements and specialised treatments such as biopuncture and IV infusions play a key role in the management of chronic inflammation.