Lack of sleep can wreak havoc on your health both physically and mentally. Poor sleep means a stressed mind and an unhappy brain! Here are a few handy tips to help you get some much-needed rest at night:
1) Limit stimulants including tea, coffee, caffeinated drinks and even alcohol at least three hours before sleeping.
2) Wake up every day at the same time to establish a consistent pattern and create a rising ritual. Your mind and body love routine.
3) Resist the snooze button as it will confuse your sleep cycle and create long-term problems.
4) Exercise regularly to cope with stress and help you sleep. Exercise in the morning, afternoon or early evening. Late-night workouts stimulate your endorphins and make it hard to nod off.
5) If you continue to struggle to relax and sleep no matter what you do, consider having a sleep study and brain mapping at your nearest Renewal Institute Branch.